Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Humane Society of Southeast Texas. We cannot express how much we and our animals appreciate it! It’s a mutually beneficial relationship! And we are not just referring to the wet kisses and heartwarming nuzzles. It has been scientifically proven that spending time with animals helps to lower your stress levels and blood pressure.
- Dog Walker
- Cat Cuddler
- Become a Foster
- Grant Research and Fundraising
- Special Events
If you are interested in becoming a HSSET volunteer please head to the shelter to fill out a volunteer application or email Volunteer@hsset.org
Each of these opportunities are very rewarding and very necessary to support our mission. Our facility is operated by a small number of staff and you, our dedicated volunteers. With up to 200 animals on the grounds each day, we rely on the generosity of community volunteers to help walk, play with, and attend to the needs of our animals. We are forever in debt to these kind souls who are willing to dedicate their time to the shelter.
If you would like to make a difference in the lives of our animals, we would love to have you join us! We ask that our volunteers adhere to the following requirements:
- Support the mission, principles and policies of the Humane Society of Southeast Texas.
- Attend an orientation
- Fill out a Volunteer Registration Application here online or pick one up at the front desk!
- Be able to donate at least 6 hours a month
- Children between 10-17 may volunteer only if they have a parent or legal guardian with them at all times